Consider this the obligatory introductory post from moi, Maggie Stiefvater, one of the Merry Sisters. There’s a good chance those of you signing on now know me from either my personal LJ
or from my professional artist blog. But if you don’t know me, here’s the low-down (you can find more official low-down on me and the other Fates in the user-info).
I’ve got two YA urban fantasy novels, Lament: The Faerie Queen’s Deception and Ballad: The Gathering of Faerie, coming out, one this October and one next October. I love writing novel length fiction and with the Merry Fates (the lovely and intelligent Brenna and Tessa, who are also my crit partners), I hope to improve my short game. Because, frankly, short story writing scares the crap out of me.
I haven’t yet written my short fiction for this week (Friday is my day), but here’s what you can probably come to expect from me:
- mild swearing. I can’t stop. Crap, I can’t stop!
- homicidal faerie types and or things going bump in the night in a Very Ominous Way
- people pining for things they can’t have
- things pining for people they can’t have
- bathtub scenes. I seem to do a lot of these.
So . . . it should be fun!