Welcome to Day One of LAMENTIGANZA!
It’s the official release week for Maggie’s debut novel Lament: The Faerie Queen’s Deception, so we’re having fun! (What this means is I might be spamming you all day long with weird and hopefully entertaining fun facts, opinion posts, and discussion threads!) If we’re lucky, we’ll have a special guest. The author herself! Woo!
Note: I will always warn if there will be spoilers, and put them behind a cut.
First up, the spoiler free
10. One of the coolest deaths EVER. (And I’m not talking about a certain someone being ripped into several pieces.) If you’ve been reading merry_fates long enough, you’ll know I’m picky about my death.
9. James and James’s tee shirts.
8.. None of the faeries are nice. They can act nice, but they are not nice.
7. That make-out scene in the car. I had to put the book down. It’s hawt.
6. Patrick Sullivan. (Ok, so, he’s in BALLAD, but you should read LAMENT in order to read BALLAD, and even if LAMENT weren’t awesome in its own right, you really, really, really want to be prepared for the glory and angst and even more homicidal homicidal faeries in the sequel.)
5. The ice-cream shop scene. When you read it, you’ll know which one I’m talking about.
4. Luke. Because who doesn’t love emo faerie musician boys? Especially hot ones?
3. The Daoine Sidhe.
2. Some of the most original AND true to tradition faerie lore I’ve ever come across, speaking of the daoine sidhe.
1. One of the most satisfying and realistic romantic endings I’ve read in YA. Plus, it will leave you rather desperate for that little sequel I mentioned above. Seriously.