Don’t forget our prompt contest is going on! You can win awesome stuff, and all you need to do is write a story based on our prompt, then post a link to it in the comments here or in the original post!
All the details are behind the cut (and so is the prompt again).
You have through next Tuesday, May 12th!
In honor of our One Year Anniversary, we’re having a Watcher Prompt Contest!
The rules are the same as before, with one small addition. But first I’m going to tell you the PRIZES because they rule. (Seriously – I asked Maggie and Brenna if I could enter. They said no.)
Our Grand Prize Winner will receive:
– his or her choice of a tee shirt or tote bag from our Merry Fates Shop (I have a tote and it is huge and durable. I love it.)
– a signed ARC of SHIVER by our own Maggie Stiefvater! Maggie just got her hands on this hot items, and wow are they cool. SHIVER comes out in August, so our winner will be three months ahead of the crowd!
We’ll also choose a few runners-up, who will receive massive amounts of GLORY and accolades. We’ll ask them to pick common prompts for us – no topic, story, or image is off limits!
Here are the rules:
1) use the prompt to write a story. It can be as short or as long as you like.
2) post it in your blog, and then link to it in the comments to this post, or one of the reminder posts.
3) For your story, you get one entry into the contest. HOWEVER, if after posting your story, you go back through the MF stories and comment to one (or many) telling us what you liked about it, we’ll give you ANOTHER entry to win the Grand Prize!
That’s it! Have fun!
EDIT: You do not have to be a Watcher to enter – you just have to write a story and make sure we have your lj name or real name! If we don’t know who you are, there can be no GLORY!
The deadline is May 12th, by midnight!
Here’s the prompt, Princess Tuvstarr by John Bauer.